Bawinanga is a progressive Aboriginal corporation based in Maningrida. We represent and assist the 4000 Aboriginal people of the 32 homelands surrounding Maningrida in West Arnhem Land.
Our work is carried out in the context of people’s traditional lands, cultural practices and languages. Our services include:
- Housing, Homeland and Construction – building new homes, renovating homes under the NT Government’s Room to Breathe program, providing house maintenance, municipal and essential services to 32 homelands and maintaining all BAC staff housing and office buildings.
- Managing and caring for country through our Bawinanga Rangers
- Maningrida Arts and Culture
- Bábbarra Women’s Centre
- the Djómi Museum
- Maningrida Wildfoods, incorporating fishing, crabbing and bush foods
- Maningrida Nursery
- Maningrida Mud Bricks
- Barlmarrk Supermarket, a Tucker Run to the homelands
- Light Vehicle and Heavy Vehicle mechanical workshops
- The Community Development Program (CDP)
- Wild Foods Cafe
- Community Patrol
- Money Management
- the Remote School Attendance Strategy (RSAS)
- maintaining roads and airstrips in the region through our Civil Works Program.
Visitors to Maningrida can buy supplies from Barlmarrk Supermarket and healthy fresh takeaway food from our Wild Foods Cafe, enjoy the spectacular surrounding country maintained by the Bawinanga Rangers and acquire exquisite artwork from Maningrida Arts & Culture or fabric from Bábbarra Designs. Each of our retail outlets generates employment and income for our local community.
in Darwin Office | Closing in 2 weeks
in Maningrida Community | Closing in 2 weeks
in Maningrida Community