Bawinanga’s objectives are to:
- Promote the maintenance of language, culture and traditional practice
- Promote the sustainable use of traditional lands
- Promote community development
- Promote the welfare of residents
- Provide or assist in the provision and maintenance of education, employment, housing, health, communications and other services
- Foster business opportunities and to promote economic independence
- Promote, in all of its endeavours, the common good and mutual benefit of its members through fair, equitable and representative action and enterprise.
The corporation’s strategic goals are to:
- Attain financial independence through innovation and enterprise.
- Achieve self-determination for the corporation’s members.
- Build safe, healthy and sustainable homelands through excellence in service delivery.
- Protect, preserve and promote country, languages and culture for future generations.
- Employ local people as managers and staff for BAC.
We are currently focused on becoming a better advocate for the rights and interests of our members and local people in the region.