Base salary $70,876 per annum, Superannuation @ 12%, 6 weeks annual leave pro-rata
This position is responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of Bawinanga’s bush foods enterprise, working towards making a profit, providing employment for traditional owners and developing a business that will improve income earning opportunities for traditional owners.
This position reports to the Enterprise Development Manager,
1. Manage the day to day operations of the bush foods enterprise ensuring the business is profitable.
2. Purchase bush foods from traditional owners, ensuring that the products meet standards required for our customers, weigh products and make payment to traditional owners – bush foods suppliers
3. Ensure the bush foods are stored correctly and transported in a manner that maintains the integrity of the products.
4. Develop market opportunities and seek buyers who value our product promoting the involvement of traditional owners.
5. Provide awareness and education to traditional owners through information sessions on sustainable bush food harvesting practices.
6. Lead, motivate, coach and mentor other staff as necessary and ensure they understand bush food quality, safety and logistics requirements through the provision of training and development opportunities.
7. Manage the marketing of the Bawinanga Wild Foods brand utilising networking events and social media.
8. Ensure all activities are compliant with requirements of the WHS legislation and regulations.
9. Monitor income and expenditure against budget to keep the enterprise on track financially.
10. Provide monthly reports on work activities and outcomes.
1. Prior experience working with bushfoods products.
2. Sound knowledge of the bush foods market.
3. Prior experience living and working in a remote indigenous community.
4. Strong communication skills and proven ability to negotiate in the business and marketing industry.
5. Strong mentoring skills and extensive experience in building, managing and motivating individuals.
6. A Current Drivers Licence, and confident to drive a 4WD vehicle on dirt roads.
7. Completion of a National Police Clearance Check
For further information, email the Enterprise Development Manager on email: firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply submit an expression of interest, with Resume and letter addressing key selection criteria, to BAC Human Resources on email: Human.email@example.com