PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
The remote Adult Language Literacy Numeracy (LLN) Training Officer is responsible for the delivery of Language, Literacy and Numeracy programs to students with low LLN, deliver foundation skills units, conduct LLN assessments and other training programs as required in remote communities.
1. Design, teach, assess, evaluate, and adapt individual and group literacy, numeracy, and digital skills programs in conjunction with community leaders.
2. Develop culturally appropriate adult literacy and numeracy resources and activities for individuals and groups.
3. Facilitate learning in an adult and culturally safe environment.
4. Support trainers and staff to embed literacy and numeracy learning into their activities.
5. Mentor others in adult literacy and numeracy tutoring / mentoring skills.
6. Respect and respond to cultural and community protocols and priorities, including ceremonial and other responsibilities.
7. Adapt to changing learning conditions, priorities, and time frames.
8. Communicate effectively in educational, workplace and community environments.
9. Apply organisational skills in educational and community settings.
1. Minimum 2 years’ experience in a similar role.
2. Demonstrated experience working in a remote aboriginal community environment, with knowledge and understanding of aboriginal protocol and culture.
3. Demonstrated ability to coordinate training and development programs or projects.
4. Good knowledge of legislative framework of accredited training programs, Fair Work Act , Health and Safety regulations.
5. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate appropriately to various internal, external customers and stakeholders.
6. Solid conflict resolution skills with ability to identify effective solutions.
7. National Police Clearance
8. OCHRE Card
1. Experience and/or knowledge of Aboriginal culture and communities and how they operate.
2. Degree or post-graduate qualification in Adult Language, Literacy, Numeracy or TESOL.
3. Experience teaching or mentoring adults.
4. Relevant professional development.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position, please apply online or submit a cover letter, resume, selection criteria response via email to:
email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.