BAC is a large and complex regional community development organisation providing services to homelands in the Maningrida region, administering some 50 grants and managing a suite of businesses and programs including: Housing, Civil Works, Essential Services, Bábbarra Women’s Centre, Bawinanga Rangers, Barlmarrk Supermarket, Fuel Supplies, Mechanical Workshops, Arts and Culture/Djomi Museum, Wild Foods Café, Community Patrol, Employment Services and Money Management Services.
BAC is governed by a Board of Directors who are elected by corporation members every two years. BAC enacts policies developed at the executive level through the leadership of the CEO and the Senior Management team.
BAC’s mission is to improve the lifeways of our people on land and sea in order to preserve and grow culture and language.
BAC is a values-based organisation with an emphasis on: Trust, Respect, Transparency, Innovation and Partnership. These are principles and behaviours we display when working together.
This position works as part of the Rangers team and assists with Natural and Cultural Resource Management (NCRM) on Indigenous land in West Arnhem Land in the NT, specifically within the DJELK Indigenous Protected Area (IPA).
The role predominantly involves working on country as part of a small team and in consultation with landowners. Support capacity building and development of local women in land and cultural management.
1. Interact with traditional owners in a positive manner
2. Abide by Health and Safety rules i.e no drugs or alcohol in the workplace, zero harm to others and the environment
3. Undertake training relevant to role
4. Completion of operational tasks as set by WOC/IPA, and IPA Steering Committee under the direction of the supervisor
5. Work effectively in a team environment
6. Identify continuous improvement opportunities
7. Develop and maintain positive stakeholder relationships with all BAC staff, and develop sound working relationships through delivering appropriate and honest support and/or feedback.
8. Ensure communications are appropriate to BAC Employees, Directors, Communities, Stakeholders and partner organisations.
9. Any other duties requested by your supervisor which are within your capabilities.
Ability to work well in a team environment
Ability to interact with a wide range of stakeholders
Be willing to learn new skills
Be willing to share knowledge and skills
Ability to speak local language
Drivers licence or ability to acquire
Similar experience in land or sea management position
No accommodation available
For more information, please contact the BAC HR Office on 08 89796553
If you want to apply for this position, please email your CV and cover letter, including a response to the Key Selection Criteria directly to Human.Resources@bawinanga.com
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.