BAC is a large and complex regional community development organisation providing services to homelands in the Maningrida region, administering some 50 grants and managing a suite of businesses and programs including: Housing, Civil Works, Essential Services, Bábbarra Women’s Centre, Bawinanga Rangers, Barlmarrk Supermarket, Fuel Supplies, Mechanical Workshops, Arts and Culture/Djomi Museum, Wild Foods Café, Community Patrol, Employment Services and Money Management Services.
BAC is governed by a Board of Directors who are elected by corporation members every two years. BAC enacts policies developed at the executive level through the leadership of the CEO and the Senior Management team.
BAC’s mission is to improve the lifeways of our people on land and sea in order to preserve and grow culture and language.
BAC is a values-based organisation with an emphasis on: Trust, Respect, Transparency, Innovation and Partnership. These are principles and behaviours we display when working together.
To be successful in this role you will be required to
- Demonstrated experience working in a remote aboriginal community environment, with knowledge and understanding of aboriginal protocol and culture.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures
- Demonstrated experience working as a labourer or trades assistant
- Knowledge of safety procedures or ability to learn and follow safe working methods
- Fit for work – undertake physical lifting and other activities
- Local resident in Maningrida community
To apply fore this position please contact the HR office at BAC corporate.