Refrigeration/Air Condition mechanic
BAC is a large and complex regional community development organisation providing services to homelands in the Maningrida region, administering some 50 grants and managing a suite of businesses and programs including: Housing, Civil Works, Essential Services, Women’s Centre, Djelk Rangers, Barlmarrk Supermarket, Fuel Supplies, Mechanical Workshops, Arts and Culture/Djomi Muse7um, Good Food Kitchen, Outdoor Supplies, Night Patrol, Employment Services and Money Management Services.
BAC is governed by a Board of Directors who are elected by corporation members every two years. BAC enacts policies developed at the executive level through the leadership of the CEO and the Senior Management team.
BAC’s mission is to improve the lifestyle of people on homelands by caring for country, preserving language and culture through the delivery of services to improve housing, health, education and roads.
BAC is a values based organisation with an emphasis on: Respect for Culture, Country and each other, Accountability, Teamwork, Continuous Improvement and Open and Honest Communication. These are principles and behaviours we display when working together.
This position is responsible for servicing and performing the Refrigeration and Air-conditioning mechanical services for the Housing and Homelands team. To succeed in this position you must have:
1. Relevant Trade qualifications in Refrigeration/Air-conditioning and a minimum of three years post trade industry experience.
2. Manage the gas licencing for BAC ensuring legislative compliance
3. Proven experience to work effectively in culturally diverse teams and in cross-cultural contexts, including excellent relationship building skills to motivate and build rapport with others.
4. Strong communication, negotiation, assessment and observation skills with an ability to anticipate changes and implement improved maintenance schedules.
5. Ability to travel to homelands and outstations regularly to maintain assets within jurisdiction as per funding arrangements.
6. Demonstrated experience in reading building specifications, blueprints and as-builds with an ability to manage a maintenance team servicing large community housing or public housing portfolios.
7. Experience in managing and leading contractor/supplier negotiations and procurement using a ‘schedule of rates’ terms and conditions.
8. A proven track record in contributing to the ongoing development of a planned cyclical maintenance program with corresponding budget projections.
9. Ability to maintain appropriate and efficient administrative systems for asset management and stock controls using sound computer skills, word processing, spread sheets, and registers to accurately record, document and provide reports.
10. Comprehensive knowledge and compliance of contractual obligations and ability to meet different legislative requirements under the Australian and Territory Governments including work health and safety provisions.
11. Strong mentoring skills and extensive experience in building, managing and motivating teams.
12. Drivers licence
13. Experience and/or knowledge of Aboriginal culture and communities and how they operate.
To apply please submit a current resume and cover letter addressing the essential selection criteria above and email to email@example.com