Fantastic opportunity to join Bawinanga Aboriginal Corporations Rangers team
The Djelk Indigenous Protected Area [IPA] covers an area of 6,672 square kilometres. Following many years of consultation it was declared a protected area in September 2009. Landowners from more than 102 clans gave their full support for the declaration and endorsed the Rangers and their management activities. Djelk also manages 3,500 square kilometres of coast / sea country adjacent to the IPA.
The Ranger Maintenance Coordinator is responsible for delivering maintenance and EH&S support and advice, to all areas of Rangers, to assist with the sustainable delivery of their services, and support sea country work. Under the general supervision of the General Manager of Rangers, primary responsibilities are:
Rangers are grouped into 3 teams – Land, Sea and Women Rangers, this position works with all areas of Rangers. The Ranger Maintenance Coordinator is responsible for delivering maintenance and EH&S support and advice, to assist with the sustainable delivery of their services, and support sea country work.
To be successful in this role the below criteria is required;
- Relevant trade or demonstrated relevant experience.
- Current Coxswain certificate essential.
- Demonstrated experience in Fleet and Asset Management and Maintenance.
- Previous ranger experience is desirable or the willingness to learn and participate in Ranger activities as required.
- Extensive experience with exceptional organisational and prioritisation skills to deliver results in a fast-paced work environment with competing tasks and activities.
- Ability to build rapport and work cooperatively and effectively to achieve common goals with managers, project teams, local people, sub-contractors, clients and third-party suppliers.
- Ability to support and mentor staff to develop positive working behaviours.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and problem-solving skills with the ability to use empathy, discretion and judgement and influence challenging and stressful situations with clients and staff to positive outcomes.
- Strong background in collating and reporting of information to ensure equipment is operational and in compliance.
- Must be physically fit and able to work in extreme weather conditions.
- Any other duties as required by your manager within your capabilities.
To obtain a position description or to apply for this position please email your current resume with a cover letter addressing all essential selection criteria.