BAC is a large and complex regional community development organisation providing services to homelands in the Maningrida region, administering some 50 grants and managing a suite of businesses and programs including: Housing, Civil Works, Essential Services, Bábbarra Women’s Centre, Bawinanga Rangers, Barlmarrk Supermarket, Fuel Supplies, Mechanical Workshops, Arts and Culture/Djomi Museum, Wild Foods Café, Community Patrol, Employment Services and Money Management Services.
BAC is governed by a Board of Directors who are elected by corporation members every two years. BAC enacts policies developed at the executive level through the leadership of the CEO and the Senior Management team.
BAC’s mission is to improve the lifeways of our people on land and sea in order to preserve and grow culture and language.
BAC is a values-based organisation with an emphasis on: Trust, Transparency, Innovation and Partnership. These are principles and behaviours we display when working together.
Under direction of the Office Manager, this position assists in BAC property management, while assisting with other office administration as directed. The position supports the Office Manager, Operations Manager and the Manager Housing, Homelands, Construction. The primary responsibilities are:
- Assist with the delivery of property management services, for the BAC Housing rentals portfolio to high standards of cleanliness and presentation are achieved.
- Supervise staff and continuously improve cleaning systems, practices and reporting procedures
- Assist with staff training in relation to correct cleaning procedure
- Responsible for cleaning service, cleaning training and maintaining the targets and goals for improvement of staff housing.
- Ensure all tenancy accommodation is supplied with correct utensils, furniture and fittings and this is correctly documented at commencement and conclusion of each tenancy
- Ensure new staff information packs are available in prepared accommodation, including welcome gift and that all new staff are aware of services and important locations and support facilities in Maningrida, including emergency contacts
- Ensure tenancy agreements, and any Power and Water Deductions or account setups are completed in a timely manner.
- Assist team members with administration duties including obtaining quotes, purchase orders, maintaining registers and data entry as required
- Assist with six-monthly inspections of BAC properties, record and draft property status reports, replace kitchen equipment and furniture where necessary and manage repairs and maintenance requests and work orders.
- Create and foster a workplace that encourages and welcomes Indigenous employment and participation in the division.
- Dealing with customer requests for work via front desk, phone and email
- Assist to maintain key register and incident report register
Essential selection criteria:
- Experience in maintaining asset lists, information systems and general office administration. Property management experience would be highly regarded.
- Microsoft Office software including word and excel experience is required.
- Exceptional organisational and prioritisation skills to deliver results in a fast-paced work environment are required.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively to achieve common goals with teams, local people, sub-contractors, clients and third-party suppliers.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation and problem-solving skills with the ability to use empathy, discretion and judgement and influence challenging and stressful situations to achieve positive outcomes.
What we can offer you:
2 year contract
6 weeks Annual Leave
17.5% Annual Leave loading
This position is in Maningrida, an indigenous community 500 km north east of Darwin. Living and working in a remote community is not for everyone, please consider this before applying.
If you wish to apply, please send an expression of interest via the link or email us on firstname.lastname@example.org for the Position Description.
Applications require a current Resume, cover letter and response to the selection criteria.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.