BAC is a large and complex regional community development organisation providing services to homelands in the Maningrida region, administering some 50 grants and managing a suite of businesses and programs including: Housing, Civil Works, Essential Services, Bábbarra Women’s Centre, Bawinanga Rangers, Barlmarrk Supermarket, Fuel Supplies, Mechanical Workshops, Arts and Culture/Djomi Museum, Wild Foods Café, Community Patrol, Employment Services and Money Management Services.
BAC is governed by a Board of Directors who are elected by corporation members every two years. BAC enacts policies developed at the executive level through the leadership of the CEO and the Senior Management team. BAC’s mission is to improve the lifeways of our people on land and sea in order to preserve and grow culture and language.
BAC is a values-based organisation with an emphasis on: Trust, Transparency, Innovation and Partnership. These are principles and behaviours we display when working together.
Under direction of the Housing Manager, assist in BAC property management, while supporting and assisting with other office administration as directed. The position assists the Housing Office Manager and the Manager Housing, Homelands, Construction.
To be successful in this role you must have;
1. Extensive customer service experience with exceptional organisational and prioritisation skills to deliver results in a fast-paced work environment with competing tasks and activities.
2. Ability to build rapport and work cooperatively and effectively to achieve common goals with teams, local people, sub-contractors, clients and third-party suppliers.
3. Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation and problem-solving skills with the ability to use empathy, discretion and judgement and influence challenging and stressful situations with clients and staff to positive outcomes.
4. Experience in office administration skills including freight logistics and stock / inventory control management.
5. Experience in maintaining asset lists and information systems and general office administration Microsoft Office software including word and excel experience is essential.
6. Property management experience would be highly regarded
Exceptional organisational and prioritisation skills to deliver results in a fast-paced work environment are required.
7. Demonstrated mentoring skills to develop capacity to deliver on current and future work.
8. Experience living and working in remote communities.
9. Experience working for a community development or not-for-organisation
10. Understanding of Tenancy requirements and agreements and inventory control.
What are we offering you?…..In return for your skills and experience you will be rewarded with:
A generous salary package
6 weeks Annual Leave
Salary Sacrificing options
17.5% Annual Leave loading
Rent free accommodation
Most importantly you will have the once in a lifetime opportunity to immerse yourself in culture while creating memories, experiences and engaging with people that will change your life.
This position is in Maningrida, an indigenous community 500 km north east of Darwin. This is not a FIFO role, living and working in a remote community is not for everyone, please consider this before applying.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit your application by emailing your current resume and detailed cover letter addressing the essential selection criteria to: email@example.com