BAC is a large and complex regional community development organisation providing services to homelands in the Maningrida region, administering some 50 grants and managing a suite of businesses and programs including: Housing, Civil Works, Essential Services, Bábbarra Women’s Centre, Bawinanga Rangers, Barlmarrk Supermarket, Fuel Supplies, Mechanical Workshops, Arts and Culture/Djomi Museum, Wild Foods Café, Community Patrol, Employment Services and Money Management Services.
BAC is governed by a Board of Directors who are elected by corporation members every two years. BAC enacts policies developed at the executive level through the leadership of the CEO and the Senior Management team.BAC’s mission is to improve the lifeways of our people on land and sea in order to preserve and grow culture and language.
BAC is a values-based organisation with an emphasis on: Trust, Transparency, Innovation and Partnership. These are principles and behaviours we display when working together.
The position is responsible for Board secretariat services and organisation and coordination of office operations and procedures to ensure overall organisational effectiveness and efficiency. The position reports to Chief Executive Officer and primary areas of responsibility include:
- Provide executive support to the CEO/Deputy CEO and Board by organising meetings and arranging participant travel, accommodation, venues and catering.
- Prepare and distribute Board agendas and minutes and advise senior management on matters requiring attention and follow-up on decisions from Board meetings.
- Lead the administrative team and oversee its functions, resources and office administration service delivery.
- Mentor and support the learning and development of team members.
- Design and implement organisational policies and procedures to support management .
- Manage the website and produce the monthly newsletter for BAC.
- Maintain all office equipment & office layout
- Special project management.
- External Communication/Publications
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Experience and or Knowledge of Aboriginal culture and communities and how they operate.
- Experience in delivery of office Management and providing executive support to CEO/Deputy CEO
- Self-organised and proactive in seeking solutions and improvement with an extremely high level of initiative and an ability to work with minimal direction.
- Excellent interpersonal written and oral communication skills.
- Strong organisational and project management Strong background and understanding of confidentiality principles and practices and constraints on the distribution of information.
- Experience in establishing and maintaining successful relationships with stakeholders.
- Demonstrated capacity to the objectives of BAC, liaises, support and promote the best interest of BAC membership.
- Demonstrate interpersonal, written and oral communication skills to communicate effectively.
- Produce confidential, written and reports of quality and relevance.
- Experience in training and motivation of staff.
- Sound decision making skills including an analytical approach to problem solving.
What are we offering you?…..In return for your skills and experience you will be rewarded with:
A generous salary package
6 weeks Annual Leave
Salary Sacrificing options
17.5% Annual Leave loading
Rent free accommodation if you are relocating to Maningrida
Most importantly you will have the once in a lifetime opportunity to immerse yourself in culture while creating memories, experiences and engaging with people that will change your life.
This position is in Maningrida, an indigenous community 500 km north east of Darwin. This is not a FIFO role, living and working in a remote community is not for everyone, please consider this before applying.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit your application by emailing your current resume and detailed cover letter addressing the essential selection criteria to email@example.com.