We are on the hunt for someone with a horticultural background to join our activities team, looking after the nursery and bush tucker enterprises.
This position is responsible for coordinating CDP and business activities based at the Maningrida nursery. These include horticultural work managing the Maningrida nursery and small garden projects on the homelands and managing day-to-day operations of the bush foods enterprise. It also facilitates communication and collaboration between key stakeholders and coordinates and develops program participants. While reporting to the Community Development Program Manager, primary areas of responsibility include:
1. Lead the day to day operations of the Maningrida horticultural nursery facility, including nursery upkeep, irrigation, propagation, pest and weed management, native plant identification
2. Lead the day to day operations of the bush foods enterprise, including purchasing bush foods, grading, storing, selling and making products
3. Assist homelands residents to achieve horticultural outcomes, such as designing and implementing garden projects and harvesting bush foods
4. Work with community organisations to implement horticultural projects
5. Use these activities to develop the skill and capability of local Aboriginal people to be job ready
6. Design and coordinate events and activities for participants to increase positive experiences and achieve best possible outcomes for the job seekers and the community.
7. Coordinate and develop activity logistics, scheduling of participant attendance and appropriate supervision of activities.
8. Continually organise and engage key community stakeholders to develop and agree on joined-up opportunities and activities, identify solutions to barriers and broker sustainable programs of work.
9. Collaborate respectfully with elders, traditional owners and influential community members to develop targeted and sustainable approaches and meet greatest needs.
10. Build relationships with external service providers and gain agreement on opportunities for mutually beneficial outcomes for community, participant and program activities.
11. Lead, motivate, coach and mentor team members as necessary and ensure they understand their contractual obligations through the provision of training and development opportunities.
12. Ensure the achievement of established benchmarks and performance expectations and perform duties and responsibilities in a manner that reflects and responds to continuous improvement principles.
13. Achieve all financial targets through the effective management of staffing, budgeting and purchasing of appropriate resources and efficient program administration.
14. Ensure all activities are compliant with requirements of the WHS legislation and regulations.
If this sounds like you, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.