We are currently taking applications for a Ranger Manager, who would be responsible for Homelands Indigenous Protected Areas, Working on Country, Contracts and Wildlife teams within BAC. The Ranger Manager operates under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer in accordance with BAC plans, policies, relevant legislation and funding requirements.
Primary responsibilities include:
* Actively managing the declared Indigenous Protected Areas, on behalf of the traditional owners and BAC members, by protecting its lands, sea, plants, animals and cultural sites.
* Taking a leading role to reduce carbon emissions, control weeds, feral animals and wildfire, and carefully manage visitor impacts.
* Providing high level service delivery, advice and guidance on a full range of senior ranger activities including: environmental protection, biodiversity, conservation, national land care programs, breaches by fishermen, the use of firearms, Aboriginal Land Rights and National Native Title requirements.
* Undertaking high-level commercial and contract management with the Australian and Northern Territory Governments to ensure all primary contractual obligations are met and financial returns maximised.
* Having a hands-on project management approach to drive the implementation, monitoring and reporting of programs and projects within a complex range of work priorities.
* Fostering strong partnerships and collaborations with local, Australian and NT government stakeholders to further reciprocal understanding and ensure legislative and regulatory compliance.
* Proactively managing, recognizing, limiting and reporting potential hazards when undertaking emergency response rescue and recovery and any high-risk responsibilities on the land and sea and cultural sites.
* Influencing key stakeholders, participate and represent the interests of BAC at National Advisory Committees.
* Taking a lead role in fostering and developing a work environment that is safe and continually improves its employment and professional development practices, policies and systems.
* Providing timely accurate advice, briefing papers and reports to the CEO as required.
The successful applicant would require relevant tertiary qualifications and significant work experience in this field. A current OCHRE Card, Police Clearance and Current First Aid as well as a Medical Clearance are essential.
To apply, please use link: https://bawinanga.recruitmenthub.com.au/Vacancies/4531153/title/Manager-Rangers or email us on email@example.com for any further details.