Bawinanga Aboriginal Corporation is a large and complex regional community development organisation providing services to homelands in the Maningrida region, administering some 50 grants and managing a suite of businesses and programs including: Housing, Civil Works, Essential Services, Women’s Centre, Bawinanga Rangers, Barlmarrk Supermarket, Fuel Supplies, Mechanical Workshops, Arts and Culture/Djomi Museum, Community Patrol, Employment Services and Money Management Services.
This position is responsible for vehicle maintenance and repairs within the BAC Workshop. You will be required to work on mainly Toyota vehicles and some other makes and models. You will also be familiar with workshop machinery, automotive parts, job/labour pricing, invoicing and general workshop procedures. You will work within a well equipped, friendly environment within the only commercial workshop located in a unique remote location.
Applicants must possess the following skills:
- Light Vehicle Mechanical Trade qualifications
- Minimum Certificate 3 or 4 in Automotive Industry
- Minimum 2 years Post Trade experience
- Experience across diverse range of light vehicle servicing and repairing
- Excellent work ethic
- Ability to use computers and good record keeping skills
- Scheduling follow-up services and future bookings
- Ability to undertake Roadworthy certifications and authorisations in line with NT Government requirements.
- Knowledge of EH&S
- Current National Police Clearance with no criminal convictions
- Agree to undergo drug and alcohol testing and pre-employment medical test
- Conducting Road Worthy inspections
- Air-conditioning qualifications
- Heavy Rigid or Tow Truck Licence
- Diesel Fitter
- Current Australian LR / HR / MC Drivers Licence
This position is in Maningrida, an indigenous community. Maningrida is 500 km north east of Darwin. This is not a FIFO role, living and working in a remote community is not for everyone, please consider this before applying.
What are we offering you?…..In return for your skills and experience you will be rewarded with:
A generous salary package
6 weeks Annual Leave
Salary Sacrificing options
17.5% Annual Leave loading
Rent free accommodation if you are relocating to Maningrida
Most importantly you will have the once in a lifetime opportunity to immerse yourself in culture while creating memories, experiences and engaging with people that will change your life.
For more information, please contact Kylie Gregson – on 0417 312 183
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.