About this role:
This position is responsible for vehicle maintenance and repairs within the BAC Workshop. You will be required to work on mainly Toyota vehicles and some other makes and models. You will also be familiar with workshop machinery, automotive parts, job/labour pricing, invoicing and general workshop procedures. You will work within a well-equipped, friendly environment within the only commercial workshop located in a unique remote location.
- Light Vehicle Mechanical Trade qualifications
- 2 years post trade experience in a light vehicle workshop
- Excellent customer services and ability to provide a high standard of mechanical services to the community
- Demonstrated experience working in a remote aboriginal community environment, with knowledge and understanding of aboriginal protocol and culture.
- Demonstrated ability work effectively in a team environment
- Knowledge of the Workplace Health and Safety regulatory requirements
- Ability to develop and maintain positive stakeholder relationships with all BAC staff, and develop sound working relationships through delivering appropriate and honest support and/or feedback.
- Ability to Mentor and train indigenous apprentice Mechanics
- Previous experience supervising and coordinating tyre fitters
- Ability to complete all documentation relating to job cards including vehicle repairs, ordering of parts and other as directed/required to a high standard.
- Ability to undertake Roadworthy certifications and authorisations in line with NT Government requirements
- Drivers licence
- National Police Clearance with no criminal convictions
- Experience living and working in remote communities
- Air-conditioning qualifications
- Diesel Fitter
- Current Australian LR/HR/MC Drivers Licence.
- Experience working for a community development or not-for-profit organisation.
- Heavy Rigid or Tow Truck license
This position is in Maningrida, an indigenous community. Maningrida is 500 km north east of Darwin. This is not a FIFO role, living and working in a remote community is not for everyone, please consider this before applying.
What are we offering you?…..In return for your skills and experience you will be rewarded with:
A generous salary package
6 weeks Annual Leave
Salary Sacrificing options
17.5% Annual Leave loading
Rent free accommodation if you are relocating to Maningrida
Most importantly you will have the once in a lifetime opportunity to immerse yourself in culture while creating memories, experiences and engaging with people that will change your life.
For more information, please contact HR on 0459792812 or Kylie Gregson (Workshop Manager) on 0417 312 183
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit your application with a copy of your current resume and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria to email@example.com