BAC is a large and complex regional community development organisation providing services to homelands in the Maningrida region, administering some 30 grants and managing a suite of businesses and programs including: Housing, Civil Works, Essential Services, Women’s Centre, Djelk Rangers, Barlmarrk Supermarket, Fuel Supplies, Mechanical Workshops, Arts and Culture/Djomi Museum, Good Food Kitchen, Outdoor Supplies, Night Patrol, Employment Services and Money Management Services.
This is a full time, one year fixed term position. This position is responsible for vehicle maintenance and repairs within the BAC Workshop. You will be required to work on mainly Toyota vehicles and some other makes and models. You will also be familiar with workshop machinery, automotive parts, job/labour pricing, invoicing and general workshop procedures. You will work within a well equipped, friendly environment within the only commercial workshop located in a unique remote location.
Applicants should possess the following skills:
- Certificate 3 or 4 in Automotive Industry
- Minimum 2 years Post Trade experience
- Experience across diverse range of light vehicle servicing and repairing
- Current Australian LR / HR Drivers Licence
- Excellent work ethic
- Ability to use computers and good record keeping skills
- Scheduling follow-up services and future bookings
- Knowledge of WHS
- National Police Clearance with no criminal convictions
- Agree to undergo drug and alcohol testing and preemployment medical test
- Conducting Road Worthy inspections
- Air-conditioning qualifications
- Diesel Fitter
This position offers an attractive salary package. Including a base salary of $73k, 12% Superannuation, 6 weeks Annual Leave, 17% Annual leave loading, salary scacrifice, accommodation and relocation expenses (within reason).
For more information, please contact Nathan Ahern on 08 8979 6523 or 0409 452 223
Apply to this position, please email your CV and cover letter directly to human.Resources@bawinanga.com
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.