BAC is a large and complex regional community development organisation providing services to homelands in the Maningrida region, administering some 50 grants and managing a suite of businesses and programs including: Housing, Civil Works, Essential Services, Bábbarra Women’s Centre, Bawinanga Rangers, Barlmarrk Supermarket, Fuel Supplies, Mechanical Workshops, Arts and Culture/Djomi Museum, Wild Foods Café, Community Patrol, Employment Services and Money Management Services.
BAC is governed by a Board of Directors who are elected by corporation members every two years. BAC enacts policies developed at the executive level through the leadership of the CEO and the Senior Management team.
BAC’s mission is to improve the lifeways of our people on land and sea in order to preserve and grow culture and language.
BAC is a values-based organisation with an emphasis on: Trust, Transparency, Innovation and Partnership. These are principles and behaviours we display when working together.
The position is responsible for driving a successful strategic and operational agenda to increase housing upgrades and construction contracts for homelands and Maningrida.
The primary areas of responsibility are:
- Strategically pursue partnerships with government, non-government and construction networks to generate successful tender and grant submissions.
- Review, analyse, interpret and update all Government Contracts and Agreements and mitigate risk to aid in contract renewal and delivery of contractual obligations.
- Develop a regional strategic and operational plan that sets targets and includes work plans to develop and deliver appropriate housing and maintenance program for BAC.
- Use robust project management principles and systems to plan and construct new build contracts and repairs and maintenance programs and record condition data to enable reporting and overall management and development of the housing program.
- Ensure all statutory compliance systems and occupational health and safety requirements are fulfilled including public safety, security and disability to ensure all infrastructure and facilities are safe, sustainable and fit for purpose.
- Lead the engagement and creation of job opportunities for Indigenous workers at every level of work within the Housing, Homelands and Construction division.
- Manage and lead the BAC property management and cleaning team service delivery for temporary accommodation bookings, preparation of occupied and vacated buildings for handover/takeover including settling in/moving out kits.
- Lead and manage the division cohesively and with cultural sensitivity by providing guidance, mentoring support and professional development for best possible outcomes.
Essential Selection Criteria:
- Demonstrated experience working at a senior level in a culturally inclusive workplace using the principles and practices of cultural competence and providing responsive service delivery to community.
- Proven experience managing capital works, maintenance and tenancy programs including financial and budget management, grant acquittals, legislative and regulatory monitoring and reporting.
- Extensive project management, supervision and coordination of building projects using tradespeople and subcontractors to maximise performance outcomes and service delivery.
- Exceptional influencing, analytical and innovative problem-solving skills and the production of technical documents, specifications, briefing papers and submission on building, construction and property matters.
- A strong record of achievement as a senior executive with demonstrated experience in leading teams and implementing change, risk management and mitigation workplace practices.
- Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation and conflict resolution skills in dealing with internal and external stakeholders and service providers.
- Extensive experience in continuous quality improvement practices and systems that collect, analyse and summarise data and trends and produce reports to achieve organisational goals.
- Relevant qualifications and/or significant work experience in this field.
In return for your skills and experience you will be rewarded with a generous salary package that includes 6 weeks annual leave, 12% Superannuation, rent free accommodation, relocation costs and experiences and engagement with people that will change your life.
This position is in Maningrida, an indigenous community 500 km north east of Darwin. Living and working in a remote community is not for everyone, please consider this before applying.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit your application by emailing your current resume and detailed cover letter addressing the essential selection criteria to email@example.com