About this role:
This position is responsible for vehicle maintenance and repairs within the BAC Workshop. You will be required to work on mainly Toyota vehicles, heavy vehicles and some other makes and models. You will also be familiar with workshop machinery, automotive parts, job/labour pricing, invoicing and general workshop procedures. You will work within a well-equipped, friendly environment within the only commercial workshop located in a unique remote location.
To be successful, you must meet the following criteria.
- Heavy Vehicle Mechanical Trade qualifications
- 5 years post trade experience in a similar role
- Excellent customer services and ability to provide a high standard of mechanical services to the community
- Demonstrated experience working in a remote aboriginal community environment, with knowledge and understanding of aboriginal protocol and culture.
- Demonstrated ability work effectively in a team environment
- Knowledge of the Workplace Health and Safety regulatory requirements
- Ability to develop and maintain positive stakeholder relationships with all BAC staff, and develop sound working relationships through delivering appropriate and honest support and/or feedback.
- Ability to Mentor and train indigenous apprentice Mechanics and trades assistants
- Previous experience supervising and coordinating trades assistants
- Ability to complete all documentation relating to job cards including vehicle repairs, ordering of parts and other as directed/required to a high standard.
- Ability to undertake Roadworthy certifications and authorisations in line with NT Government requirements
- Current valid Drivers licence
- National Police Clearance with no criminal convictions
- Current OCHRE Card and First Aid
- Heavy Rigid or Tow Truck licence
- Ability to operate Service truck and travel to remote locations / outstations.
- Experience living and working in remote communities
- Forklift licence
- Experience working for a community development or not-for-profit organisation
What are we offering you?……In return for your skills and experience are:
Base Salary – $95,000.00 per annum
6 weeks Annual Leave
Salary Sacrificing options
17.5% Annual Leave loading
Rent free accommodation if you are relocating to Maningrida
Most importantly you will have the once in a lifetime opportunity to immerse yourself in culture while creating memories, experiences and engaging with people that will change your life.
This position is in Maningrida, an indigenous community 500 km north east of Darwin. This is not a FIFO role, living and working in a remote community is not for everyone, please consider this before applying.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
For more information, please contact HR on 0459792812 or Kylie Gregson (Workshop Manager) on 0417 312 183
Please submit your application by emailing your current resume and detailed cover letter addressing the essential selection criteria to: email@example.com