PURPOSE OF THE POSITION
BAC’s Enterprise division exists to create employment and income earning opportunities for members of the Maningrida community and surrounding homelands. The Garden Services Coordinator will work under the direction of the Enterprise Development Manager arranging mowing, landscaping and other garden services for customers within Maningrida.
· Coordinate activities related Bawinanga’s Garden Services Enterprise around the community.
· Comply with regulations regarding general duties associated with general garden services.
· Provide evidence that work has been completed to appropriate standards.
· Comply with worksites WH&S standards and compliance requirements.
· Maintain work vehicles and Bawinanga equipment daily and report any problems to the Enterprise Development Manager as soon as possible.
· Ensure staff are managed in a respectful manner and assist in their training and skills development.
· Record attendance and support the project by sharing skills and ensuring a safe activity environment.
· Endeavour to learn and respect the cultural values of the region.
· Regularly discuss improvement opportunities with the Enterprise Development Manager.
· Adhere to the BAC Policies and Procedures, and Code of Conduct.
· Be proactive in the area of relationship management with all BAC staff and develop sound working relationships through delivering appropriate and honest support and/or feedback.
· Ensure communications are appropriate to BAC communities, BAC & its entities within which the role operates.
· Act with integrity always and ensure that areas of responsibility operate in an open, transparent and accountable manner.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate the possession of the following skills, knowledge and experience.
· Demonstrated experience in mowing, landscaping or gardens services related work.
· Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with a range of people from diverse environments.
· Proactively practise good work ethic and show consistent attendance.
· Practice good listening, sense of humour, empathy, and willingness to adhere to instructions within a cross-cultural communication setting.
· The willingness to upskill and learn supervision skills.
· Undertake a new criminal history check at commencement of employment.
· Ability to obtain a Working with Children Clearance Notice (OCHRE Card) if the position involves interaction with
children or youth.
· Current Driver’s licence
· Experience working for a community development or not-for-profit organisation.
· Experience working in a remote Aboriginal community.
Please submit your resume to email@example.com