BAC is a large and complex regional community development organisation providing services to homelands in the Maningrida region, administering some 50 grants and managing a suite of businesses and programs including: Housing, Civil Works, Essential Services, Bábbarra Women’s Centre, Bawinanga Rangers, Barlmarrk Supermarket, Fuel Supplies, Mechanical Workshops, Arts and Culture/Djomi Museum, Wild Foods Café, Community Patrol, Employment Services and Money Management Services.
BAC is governed by a Board of Directors who are elected by corporation members every two years. BAC enacts policies developed at the executive level through the leadership of the CEO and the Senior Management team.
BAC’s mission is to improve the lifeways of our people on land and sea in order to preserve and grow culture and language.
BAC is a values-based organisation with an emphasis on: Trust, Transparency, Innovation and Partnership. These are principles and behaviours we display when working together.
The position is responsible for provision of the operational management of accounting services to operational divisions. Primary functions are to manage the financial functions of grants and project activities and be responsible for the development and maintenance of all budgets.
To be successful in this role you must have;
1. Degree in accounting and/or financial management and professional membership.
2. Demonstrated experience as a team leader in delivering professional management accounting services.
3. Extensive experience in the preparation, implementation and maintenance of budgets at the organisational and cost centre levels.
4. Experience in financial and accounting practices particularly related to the functions of internal and external reporting: end-of-month processing and analysis of management accounting information.
5. Demonstrated experience in providing complex financial and accounting policy advice to senior management, including the analysis and presentation of financial data and preparation of briefing papers for management.
6. Ability to develop and maintain positive working relationships with team members and foster a commitment to changing service standards and business improvement strategies and principles.
7. Proven high-level written and verbal communication skills, including advising management on complex matters, establishing and maintaining effective networks and influencing non-financial people to understand changing financial and accounting business requirements.
8. Strong background in accounting information system and data improvement, auditing and reporting and assisting internal and external auditors perform their duties.
9. Demonstrated leadership, mentoring and team management skills to ensure capability and capacity to deliver on current and future work.
To apply for this position please email a copy of your current resume and a cover letter addressing the above essential selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org