BAC is a large and complex regional community development organisation providing services to homelands in the Maningrida region, administering some 50 grants and managing a suite of businesses and programs including: Housing, Civil Works, Essential Services, Women’s Centre, Bawinanga Rangers Rangers, Barlmarrk Supermarket, Fuel Supplies, Mechanical Workshops, Arts and Culture/Djomi Museum, Wild Foods Cafe, Community Patrol, Employment Services and Money Management Services.
BAC’s mission is to improve the lifestyle of people on homelands by caring for country, preserving language and culture through the delivery of services to improve housing, health, education and roads.
BAC is a values based organisation with an emphasis on: Respect for Culture, Country and each other, Accountability, Teamwork, Continuous Improvement and Open and Honest Communication. These are principles and behaviours we display when working together.
About the job:
This position reports to Chief Executive Officer and the this role is accountable for:
- Developing and implementing appropriate resources, strategies and tools to support the establishment of enterprises on the homelands of the Maningrida region.
- Identifying suitable business opportunities and assess level of support from the local community
- Responding adequately to community requests for enterprise development related assistance
- Identifying and engaging relevant stakeholders
- Building capacity of community members who want to pursue small business opportunities
- Coordinating trials, preparatory activities, conducting market and regulatory research
- Working with each department to implement activities contributing to establishing businesses
- Advising/assisting with equipment/infrastructure required
- Assisting with funding applications when directed
- Providing mentoring to business managers/owners when appropriate
- Assisting business managers/owners with the recruitment of suitable job seekers
- Training and mentoring community members to administrate local businesses
- Providing submissions for infrastructure development on homelands
- Assist business managers/owners with the recruitment of suitable job seekers
- Train and mentor community members to administrate local business
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Develop and maintain positive stakeholder relationships with all BAC Staff, develop sound working relationships through delivering appropriate and honest support and/or feedback.
- Ensure communications are appropriate to BAC Employees, Communities, Stakeholders and partner organisation.
We get to live and work in a unique environment – based in one of Australia’s most remote communities. Bawinanga Aboriginal Corporation is currently achieving incredible results for the members and community. This is an exciting time to join this not for profit corporation.
We need an Enterprise Development Manager to help further the current enterprises and advance new sustainable options.
- Demonstrated experience working in a remote aboriginal community environment, with knowledge and understanding of aboriginal protocol and culture.
- Demonstrated experience in developing business plans,tools, programs to support aboriginal business development
- Ability to conduct research and provide a range of options to support business development in the Maningrida region
- Ability to liase with a range of key stakeholders to ensure we are minimising risk and meeting and state and federal regulatory requirements
- Demonstrated successful experience in the field of business development
- Tertiary qualifications in Commerce / Business and / or extensive business development experience in working in a similar role
What are we offering you?…..In return for your skills and experience you will be rewarded with:
A generous salary package
6 weeks Annual Leave
Salary Sacrificing options
17.5% Annual Leave loading
Rent free accommodation if you are relocating to Maningrida
Most importantly you will have the once in a lifetime opportunity to immerse yourself in culture while creating memories, experiences and engaging with people that will change your life.
This position is in Maningrida, an indigenous community 500 km north east of Darwin. This is not a FIFO role, living and working in a remote community is not for everyone, please consider this before applying.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit your application by emailing your current resume and detailed cover letter addressing the essential selection criteria to: email@example.com.