Bawinanga Aboriginal Corporation is a large and complex regional community development organisation providing services to homelands in the Maningrida region, administering some 50 grants and managing a suite of businesses and programs including: Housing, Civil Works, Essential Services, Women’s Centre, Djelk Rangers, Barlmarrk Supermarket, Fuel Supplies, Mechanical Workshops, Arts and Culture/Djomi Museum, Good Food Kitchen, Outdoor Supplies, Night Patrol, Employment Services and Money Management Services.
Djelk operational responsibilities: The Djelk Indigenous Protected Area [IPA] covers an area of 6,672 square kilometers. Following many years of consultation it was declared a protected area in September 2009. Landowners from more than 102 clans gave their full support for the declaration and endorsed the Rangers and their management activities. Djelk also manages 3,500 square kilometers of coast / sea country adjacent to the IPA.
1. Relevant qualification and/or demonstrated relevant experience in natural or cultural resource management or a related field.
2. Demonstrated experience in coordinating and supporting on-the-ground work activities to manage and control protected areas to preserve and enhance land, sea, plants, animals and cultural sites.
3. Highly developed skills in program and project management; including planning, developing, monitoring and evaluation processes and coordination of training and development for the ranger team.
4. Extensive experience with exceptional organisational and prioritisation skills to deliver results in a fast-paced work environment with competing tasks and activities.
5. Ability to build rapport and work cooperatively and effectively to achieve common goals with executives, managers, project teams, local people, sub-contractors, clients and third party suppliers.
6. Strong interpersonal, communication, negotiation and problem-solving skills with the ability to use empathy, discretion and judgement and influence challenging and stressful situations with clients and staff to positive outcomes.
7. Experience in office administration skills including bookkeeping, general accounts, freight logistics and stock / inventory control management.
8. Strong background in developing and implementing information systems, databases, using Microsoft Office software to manage the collection and reporting of information to maintain compliance.
1. Experience living and working in remote communities and looking after country
2. Experience and/or knowledge of Aboriginal culture and communities and how they operate.
3. Experience working for a community development or not-for-profit organisation.
For more information, please contact Tina Yeganeh on 08 89795873 or 0423 902 018
Apply to this position, please email your CV and cover letter, including a response to the Key Selection Criteria directly to human.Resources@bawinanga.com
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.