About this role.
This role is to take care of facilities and houses, by carrying out cleaning duties.
Key responsibilities include:
- Dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, restrooms cleaning and restocking.
- Create and foster a workplace that encourages and welcomes Indigenous employment and participation in the division.
- Supervise, mentor, motivate and support a part-time CDP Indigenous Store person – assisting with providing learning and development opportunities.
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Adhere to the Workplace Health and Safety regulatory requirements
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Develop and maintain positive stakeholder relationships with all BAC staff, and develop sound working relationships through delivering appropriate and honest support and/or feedback.
- Ensure communications are appropriate to BAC Employees, Directors, Communities, Stakeholders and partner organisations.
- Any other duties requested by your supervisor which are within your capabilities.
- Sound knowledge with using cleaning chemicals and equipments
- Ability to work unsupervised
- Ability to undertake physical activity
- Ability to complete tasks within specified timeframe
- Demonstrated experience working in a remote aboriginal community environment, with knowledge and understanding of aboriginal protocol and culture.
- Compliance with Workplace Health and Safety regulations
- $24.72 per hour, 3-5 days per week negotiable.
- Casual, 30-38 hours per week
- Immediate start
- No accommodation
This is an identified position under section 25 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991. Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit your application by emailing your current resume and detailed cover letter addressing the essential selection criteria to: firstname.lastname@example.org or see Hannah (HR), BAC Main Office.