BAC is a large and complex regional community development organisation providing services to homelands in the Maningrida region, administering some 30 grants and managing a suite of businesses and programs including: Housing, Civil Works, Essential Services, Women’s Centre, Djelk Rangers, Barlmarrk Supermarket, Fuel Supplies, Mechanical Workshops, Arts and Culture/Djomi Museum, Good Food Kitchen, Outdoor Supplies, Night Patrol, Employment Services and Money Management Services.
About the role
This position is responsible for the delivery of Civil Works and Mudbrick Factory programs to the Maningrida Community and Home Lands; it operates under the direction of the CEO in accordance with BAC plans, policies, relevant legislation and funding requirements. Primary responsibilities include;
· Lead and manage the delivery of Civil Works (Roads) Contract
· Lead and manage the effective and efficient operation of Mudbrick factory
· Collate data and prepare reports of quality and relevance for a variety of purposes.
· Ensure that assets are repaired and serviced according to specifications and agreed standard and available within agreed target timelines
· Ensure compliance with relevant Workplace Health and Safety legislation and BAC policies and report any breaches to mitigate risk.
· Managing civil works crews
Skills and experience
· Demonstrated experience working in a culturally inclusive workplace using the principles and practices of cultural competence and providing responsive service delivery to community.
· experience in the delivery of civil works contracts in remote locations
· Experience in all areas of road construction, concrete, drainage works and maintenance including the management and co-ordination of staff, materials.
· Experience in and understanding of the use of computer-based Leading Hand system or other similar systems, and Microsoft office software to assess and refine systems and processes.
· Knowledge of procurement and OHS legislation.
· HR License.
Apply to this position, please email your CV and cover letter directly to human.Resources@bawinanga.com
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.