BAC is a large and complex regional community development organisation providing services to homelands in the Maningrida region, administering some 50 grants and managing a suite of businesses and programs including: Housing, Civil Works, Essential Services, Women’s Centre, Bawinanga Rangers, Barlmarrk Supermarket, Fuel Supplies, Mechanical Workshops, Arts and Culture/Djomi Museum, Wild Foods Café, Community Patrol, Employment Services and Money Management Services.
BAC is governed by a Board of Directors who are elected by corporation members every two years. BAC enacts policies developed at the executive level through the leadership of the CEO and the Senior Management team.
BAC’s mission is to improve the lifestyle of people on homelands by caring for country, preserving language and culture through the delivery of services to improve housing, health, education and roads.
BAC is a values based organisation with an emphasis on: Respect for Culture, Country and each other, Accountability, Teamwork, Continuous Improvement and Open and Honest Communication. These are principles and behaviours we display when working together.
This position is responsible for the delivery of Civil Works and operational supply of materials to the Mudbrick Factory programs to the Maningrida Community and Home Lands; it operates under the direction of the CEO in accordance with BAC plans, policies, relevant legislation and funding requirements.
To be successful in this role you must have:
1. Demonstrated experience working at a senior level in a culturally inclusive workplace using the principles and practices of cultural competence and providing responsive service delivery to community.
2. Extensive senior management experience in the delivery of civil works contracts in remote locations
3. Demonstrated experience in managing a multi-disciplinary team with the proven ability to apply leadership and team building skills with the emphasis on establishing and maintaining staff motivation.
4. Demonstrated experience in the preparation of specifications and contract documentation along with the ability to develop and manage tender processes.
5. Demonstrated experience in the delivery and completion of high quality and relevant government funding reports.
6. Extensive experience in project management, contract supervision and management skills including developing and managing program budgets.
7. Experience in and understanding of the use of computer-based Leading Hand system or other simular systems, and Microsoft Office software to assess and refine systems and processes.
8. Excellent oral communication skills and interpersonal skills including consultation, negotiation and liaison skills and an ability to interact with people from different cultures with positive outcomes.
9. Ability to work as part of a team in a cross cultural environment, fostering open communication with a positive and innovative approach to problem solving.
10. Where necessary ability to operate machinery in a safe and effective manner
11. Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or significant work experience in this field.
12. Demonstrated experience working in a remote aboriginal community environment, with knowledge and understanding of aboriginal protocol and culture.
What are we offering you?…..In return for your skills and experience you will be rewarded with:
A generous salary package
6 weeks Annual Leave
Salary Sacrificing options
17.5% Annual Leave loading
Rent free accommodation
Most importantly you will have the once in a lifetime opportunity to immerse yourself in culture while creating memories, experiences and engaging with people that will change your life.
This position is in Maningrida, an indigenous community 500 km north east of Darwin. This is not a FIFO role, living and working in a remote community is not for everyone, please consider this before applying.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit your application by emailing your current resume and detailed cover letter addressing the essential selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org