We are looking for CFO to be a key member of the Senior Management team. The CFO provides strategic financial management support and advice under the supervision of the Deputy Chief Executive Officer. The role has primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial related activities for the corporation. This includes operational responsibility for accounting, financial forecasting and strategic planning, job costing, analysis, negotiations, investor relationships, system compliance and private and institutional financial improvement.
1. Lead, develop and continuously evaluate and improve short and long-term strategic financial business objectives to achieve the outcomes contained in BAC’s strategic plan.
2. Establish and lead the financial program and risk management frameworks, systems and services to support the effective achievement of optimal financial results.
3. Drive the design and implementation of internal and external governance control systems to properly record and report cost management, waste reduction and risk mitigation to the Board.
4. Collaborate and build strong partnerships with key stakeholders to support growth and efficient business practices in particular with the NT and Australian Governments, BAC Board, CEO and Deputy CEO, General Managers and senior staff.
5. Ensure all external contracts are monitored by reliable control systems, comply with all legal and regulatory requirements and are audited and managed in accordance with contractual and statutory obligations.
6. Provide leadership and management of the finance team to ensure capability and capacity to deliver on all financial work plans and oversee all aspects of the financial and accounting functions of the corporation.
7. Provide strategic, timely and accurate advice, briefing papers and reports to the Board, CEO, Deputy CEO as required.
8. Take a hands-on lead position to develop, implement and maintain a comprehensive payroll and job costing system and delivery of up-to-date financial policies and procedures.
9. Evaluate and advise on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory actions.
10. Lead the oversight of the asset register and manage the activities with insurance brokers on claims, submissions and follow-up actions.
11. Adhere to Workplace Health and Safety, Anti-discrimination and Fair Work regulatory requirements.
If this sounds like you and you would like a copy of the Position Description with Essential Criteria, please email us on email@example.com.