BAC is a large and complex regional community development organisation providing services to homelands in the Maningrida region, administering some 50 grants and managing a suite of businesses and programs including: Housing, Civil Works, Essential Services, Bábbarra Women’s Centre, Bawinanga Rangers, Barlmarrk Supermarket, Fuel Supplies, Mechanical Workshops, Arts and Culture/Djomi Museum, Wild Foods Café, Community Patrol, Employment Services and Money Management Services.
BAC is governed by a Board of Directors who are elected by corporation members every two years. BAC enacts policies developed at the executive level through the leadership of the CEO and the Senior Management team.
BAC’s mission is to improve the lifeways of our people on land and sea in order to preserve and grow culture and language.
BAC is a values-based organisation with an emphasis on: Trust, Respect, Transparency, Innovation and Partnership. These are principles and behaviours we display when working together.
This position will provide administration support to the busy CDP office of Bawinanga Aboriginal Corporation, reporting to the Office Manager.
To succeed in this position you must have:
1. Minimum of 1 year administrative experience in a similar role or industry
2. Good oral and written communication skills ability to deal with a wide range of customers
3. Strong reception skills – phone, counter enquiries
4. Demonstrated high level computer literacy, including intermediate knowledge of all Microsoft Office software;
5. Ability to take initiative and follow instructions
6. Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as being part of a small team;
Local applications only as this position does not have accommodation provided.