BAC is a large and complex regional community development organisation providing services to homelands in the Maningrida region, administering some 50 grants and managing a suite of businesses and programs including: Housing, Civil Works, Essential Services, Bábbarra Women’s Centre, Bawinanga Rangers, Barlmarrk Supermarket, Fuel Supplies, Mechanical Workshops, Arts and Culture/Djomi Museum, Wild Foods Café, Community Patrol, Employment Services and Money Management Services.
BAC is governed by a Board of Directors who are elected by corporation members every two years. BAC enacts policies developed at the executive level through the leadership of the CEO and the Senior Management team.
BAC’s mission is to improve the lifeways of our people on land and sea in order to preserve and grow culture and language.
BAC is a values-based organisation with an emphasis on: Trust, Respect, Transparency, Innovation and Partnership. These are principles and behaviours we display when working together.
We are looking for an experienced office manager, to run our CDP Employment Office. This position is responsible for leading the Office Administration of CDP to ensure effective and efficient service delivery of the Community Development Program in line with the Australian Federal Government contractual requirements. . While reporting to the Community Services Manager, primary areas of responsibility are to:
- Develop and maintain effective working partnerships with internal and external business partners, government agencies, sub contractors, community and local councils, Hosts, elders and land councils, industry bodies, major employers and other key stakeholders to meet contractual requirements
- Work in a relationship of cooperation with Activity and Engagement Officer, in the development and implementation of a range of meaningful Maningrida CDP Work for the Dole Activities to develop the skill and capability of local Aboriginal & Torres Islander people to be job ready and to meet their DHS mutual Obligations
- Implement Desktop auditing and maintain Training Performance Improvement Plans with all Employment Consultants
- Drive initiatives to maximise volunteer jobseekers entering into WFD activities.
- Drive re-engagement initiatives to minimise Non Attendance Reporting and encourage attendance at appointments and Activities
- Achieve status of ‘Good at Prime Minister &Cabinet (PMC) half yearly Performance Period Reviews
- Ensure WH&S practises are well documented, suitable training is delivered to all Administration staff as required.
- Achieve agreed employment target, drive job placement activities, that will achieve 26-week PM&C targets.
- Development and implementation of strategies to ensure all Job Plans meet Contractual requirements.
- Lead, develop, support and motivate Employment Consultants and Liaison Officers to deliver business outcomes
- Develop and maintain register for internal training opportunities including LL&N and driver training modules.
- Manage all complaints and feedback in a professional manner and evidence is captured in accordance with our contractual requirements
- Ensuring services meet BAC’s professional standard, pass public scrutiny at all times, and programs are in compliance with all federal and state legislation, funding regulations/requirements, certifications and licensing requirements.
- Attract and retain talented local people to drive results and ensure high performing teams that are passionate about what they do and are committed to continuous improvement and growth.
- Promote good news stories that can be shared through Social Media and with internal and External Stakeholders.
- Ensure the achievement of program attendance benchmarks and KPI performance expectations are met and perform duties and responsibilities in a manner that reflects and responds to continuous improvement principles.
- At All time working towards Program financial targets through the effective management of staffing, budgeting and purchasing of appropriate resources and efficient program administration.
What are we offering you?…..In return for your skills and experience you will be rewarded with:
A generous salary package
6 weeks Annual Leave
Salary Sacrificing options
17.5% Annual Leave loading
Rent free accommodation if relocating to Maningrida
Most importantly you will have the once in a lifetime opportunity to immerse yourself in culture while creating memories, experiences and engaging with people that will change your life.
This position is in Maningrida, an indigenous community 500 km north east of Darwin. This is not a FIFO role, living and working in a remote community is not for everyone, please consider this before applying.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit your application by emailing your current resume and detailed cover letter addressing the essential selection criteria to: firstname.lastname@example.org.