BAC is a large and complex regional community development organisation providing services to homelands in the Maningrida region, administering some 50 grants and managing a suite of businesses and programs including: Housing, Civil Works, Essential Services, Bábbarra Women’s Centre, Bawinanga Rangers, Barlmarrk Supermarket, Fuel Supplies, Mechanical Workshops, Arts and Culture/Djomi Museum, Wild Foods Café, Community Patrol, Employment Services and Money Management Services.
BAC is governed by a Board of Directors who are elected by corporation members every two years. BAC enacts policies developed at the executive level through the leadership of the CEO and the Senior Management team.
BAC’s mission is to improve the lifeways of our people on land and sea in order to preserve and grow culture and language. BAC is a values-based organisation with an emphasis on: Trust, Respect, Transparency, Innovation and Partnership.
These are principles and behaviours we display when working together.
- Coordinate and lead a team to provide CDP work for the Dole activities relating to
- Manual Arts (Mud Brick production)
- Coordinate and plan meaningful projects within Mud Brick Activity to increase skills and competency
- Provide Support and mentoring to Activity supervisors to develop increase capacity to convert Mud Brick Making Activity to an Income Generating Activity
- Oversee safe operating of Mud Brick plant and ensure bricks are stored and correctly tested in preparation for future commercial use.
- Liaise and consult with participants, elders and traditional owners to develop suitable activities that can be developed from Mud Brick and other similar activities to maximise increased participation rates
- Ensure that CDP contributes to the economic development of the region by maximising job seeker participation in accordance with CDP guidelines
- Report risks related issues to the implementation of CDP activities to management in a timely manner
- Implement appropriate WH&S toolbox sessions for all activities relating to preparation of Mud Bricks
- Ensure CDP activities are compliant with the requirements of the WH&S legislation and regulations.
- Work with all CDP staff including Activities Manager, Community Services Manager and Office Manager in a spirit of cooperation
- Other CDP related duties as requested by Manager including assisting with morning organisation at YEYA shed, including administration of time sheets where required.
- Experience in effective, positive problem solving and conflict resolution skills
- Knowledge of relevant legislation including Anti-discrimination, Equal Employment Opportunity, Workplace Health and Safety, Privacy and Freedom of Information
- Experience or ability to work within remote Indigenous Communities with demonstrated ability to remain respectful of culture, lore and beliefs
- Participation in professional development and training as required
- Ability to take a project/activity from design through to completion
- Skills in Woodwork and Furniture Making
- National Police Clearance
- Current First Aid certificate
- Drivers licence
- OCHRE Card or ability to gain
- Experience living and working in remote communities.
- Experience and/or knowledge of Aboriginal culture and communities and how they operate.
What are we offering you?…..In return for your skills and experience you will be rewarded with:
A generous salary package
6 weeks Annual Leave
Salary Sacrificing options
17.5% Annual Leave loading
Rent free accommodation if you are relocating to Maningrida
Most importantly you will have the once in a lifetime opportunity to immerse yourself in culture while creating memories, experiences and engaging with people that will change your life.
This position is in Maningrida, an indigenous community 500 km north east of Darwin. This is not a FIFO role, living and working in a remote community is not for everyone, please consider this before applying.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit your application by emailing your current resume and detailed cover letter addressing the essential selection criteria to: email@example.com