BAC is a large and complex regional community development organisation providing services to homelands in the Maningrida region, administering some 50 grants and managing a suite of businesses and programs including: Housing, Civil Works, Essential Services, Bábbarra Women’s Centre, Bawinanga Rangers, Barlmarrk Supermarket, Fuel Supplies, Mechanical Workshops, Arts and Culture/Djomi Museum, Wild Foods Café, Community Patrol, Employment Services and Money Management Services.
BAC is governed by a Board of Directors who are elected by corporation members every two years. BAC enacts policies developed at the executive level through the leadership of the CEO and the Senior Management team.
BAC’s mission is to improve the lifeways of our people on land and sea in order to preserve and grow culture and language.
BAC is a values-based organisation with an emphasis on: Trust, Transparency, Innovation and Partnership. These are principles and behaviours we display when working together.
This position is to coordinate and lead activity work for the dole activities, with the intention of upskilling and developing capability of job seekers in this area. this person is responsible for:
- Assist with morning preparation of CDP activities including delegation of duties to CDP supervisors.
- Coordinate and lead a team of supervisors and jobseekers within the approved activities
- Develop a range of activities to support increased engagement and participation
- In conjunction with CDP Managers coordinate events and activities for CDP Supervisors and participants to increase positive experiences and achieve best possible outcomes for all CDP job seekers and the community.
- Coordinate and develop activity logistics, daily scheduling of participant attendance and appropriate supervision of activities that effectively and efficiently measure daily attendance and captures non-attendance for reporting requirements.
- Oversee a range of activities that maximise interest and engagement
- Maintain CDP equipment and upskill supervisors and participants within the CDP activities.
- Assist with developing small business opportunities with CDP Supervisors and participants.
- Continually organise and engage key community stakeholders to develop and agree on joined-up opportunities and activities, identify solutions to barriers and broker sustainable programs of work.
- Collaborate respectfully with elders, traditional owners and influential community members to develop targeted and sustainable approaches and meet greatest needs.
- Build relationships with internal & external service providers and gain agreement on opportunities for mutually beneficial outcomes for community, participant and program activities.
- Lead, motivate, coach and mentor CDP team members to increase their capacity for development opportunities with BAC and with other organisations
- Work effectively in a team environment with job seekers, employment consultants and others to ensure smooth operation of CDP activities
- Implement effective policies, procedures and practices for activities within scope of role to support ongoing participation and engagement of job seekers
- Adhere to the Workplace Health and Safety regulatory requirements
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities
- Develop and maintain positive stakeholder relationships with all BAC staff, and develop sound working relationships through delivering appropriate and honest support and/or feedback.
- Ensure communications are appropriate to BAC Employees, Communities, Stakeholders and partner organisations.
- Any other duties requested by your supervisor which are within your capabilities.
If you wish to apply, please send an expression of interest via the link or email us on email@example.com for the Position Description, applications require a current resume.