We are looking for a full time, two year fixed term Carpenter. This position is to assist the building maintenance team, within the Housing, Homelands & Construction division. You will work in a friendly environment, travelling to outstations and also working within the community – located in a unique remote location.
* To perform scheduled maintenance services on buildings and fixtures in a safe an efficient manner
* To ensure all installations, repairs and maintenance meet environmental protection requirements.
* To ensure requirements as specified by the manufacturer of fixtures are met
* Ensure installations, repairs and maintenance are properly sized, aligned, supported and graded
* Work effectively in a team environment alongside tradespersons, internal and external customers and stakeholders
* Maintain municipal buildings & facilities in line with NT Government contractual requirements and as directed
Trade Qualifications in Building/Carpentry
Post Trade experience 5+ years
Current National Police Clearance with no criminal convictions
Agree to undergo drug and alcohol testing and pre-employment medical test
Due to border restrictions applicants must already be based in the Northern Territory.
This position is in Maningrida, is an indigenous community. Maningrida is 500 km north east of Darwin.
This position offers an attractive salary package. Including 12% Superannuation, 6 weeks Annual Leave, 17% Annual leave loading, salary sacrifice, free basic accommodation and relocation expenses (within reason).
If you have suitable skills and experience, and are ready for an adventure in a remote Aboriginal community, please send your CV and a cover letter to: email@example.com.