We are looking for a full time Carpenter (Homelands), who will based in Maningrida, Northern Territory.
Purpose of the position:
This position is responsible for the building maintenance within the Housing and Homelands division and assistance with the development, implementation and review of the BAC Housing & Homelands Program.
- Trades qualification in Carpentry
- Post trade experience of more than 2 years
- Knowledge of WH&S principles and the ability to promote them in the workplace
- Demonstrated experience working a remote aboriginal community environment, with knowledge and understanding of aboriginal protocol and culture
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of the Carpentry Services
- The ability to assist in the completion of government funding reporting requirements
- Experience in establishing and maintaining successful relationships with Stakeholders
- Demonstrated interpersonal, written and oral communication skills to communicate effectively and produce confidential written reports of quality and relevance
- Sound decision making skills including an analytical approach to problem solving
- Current Driver’s Licence and willingness to travel to remote communities
- Police clearance and OCHRE Card
- Fit for Work clearance
- Experience working for a community development or not-for-profit organization
- Experience in driving a 4WD vehicle in off road conditions
- Hold a current first aid certificate or the ability to attain one
What are we offering you?…..In return for your skills and experience you will be rewarded with:
A generous salary package
6 weeks Annual Leave
Salary Sacrificing options
17.5% Annual Leave loading
Most importantly you will have the once in a lifetime opportunity to immerse yourself in culture while creating memories, experiences and engaging with people that will change your life.
Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please submit your application by emailing your current resume and detailed cover letter addressing the essential selection criteria to: email@example.com
For more information please call HR on 8979 6505 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org