BAC is a large and complex regional community development organisation providing services to homelands in the Maningrida region, administering some 30 grants and managing a suite of businesses and programs including: Housing, Civil Works, Essential Services, Women’s Centre, Bawinanga Rangers, Barlmarrk Supermarket, Fuel Supplies, Mechanical Workshops, Arts and Culture/Djomi Museum, Wild Foods Café, Community Patrol, Employment Services and Money Management Services.
BAC is governed by a Board of Directors who are elected by corporation members every two years. BAC enacts policies developed at the executive level through the leadership of the CEO and the Senior Management team.
BAC’s mission is to improve the lifestyle of people on homelands by caring for country, preserving language and culture through the delivery of services to improve housing, health, education and roads.
BAC is a values-based organisation with an emphasis on: Respect for Culture, Country and each other, Accountability, Teamwork, Continuous Improvement and Open and Honest Communication. These are principles and behaviours we display when working together.
The purpose of the position is to support the operation of Bawinanga Aboriginal Corporation and members fishing licences and build the capacity of deckhands.
To be successful in this role you must meet the below essential selection criteria;
1. Demonstrated experience working in a remote aboriginal community environment, with knowledge and understanding of aboriginal protocol and culture.
2. Demonstrated experience operating or working on fishing vessels
3. Coxswain Licence Grade 1 NC
4. Current Approved Operator with NT Fisheries, or ability to obtain including National Police Check
5. Current First Aid Certificate
For further information on this role please contact Human Resources at email@example.com