BAC is a large and complex regional community development organisation providing services to homelands in the Maningrida region, administering some 50 grants and managing a suite of businesses and programs including: Housing, Civil Works, Essential Services, Bábbarra Women’s Centre, Bawinanga Rangers, Barlmarrk Supermarket, Fuel Supplies, Mechanical Workshops, Arts and Culture/Djomi Museum, Wild Foods Café, Community Patrol, Employment Services and Money Management Services.
BAC is governed by a Board of Directors who are elected by corporation members every two years. BAC enacts policies developed at the executive level through the leadership of the CEO and the Senior Management team.
BAC’s mission is to improve the lifeways of our people on land and sea in order to preserve and grow culture and language.
BAC is a values-based organisation with an emphasis on: Trust, Respect, Transparency, Innovation and Partnership. These are principles and behaviours we display when working together.
This position coordinates and supervises the activities of the supermarket under the direction of the Retail Manager.
Daily duties may consist of;
- Housekeeping of store/inventory and equipment.
- Provide high-quality, professional and courteous customer service.
- Monitoring of sales transactions, and proposing solutions where required.
- Inventory processing, including stock receiving, shelving, displaying, whilst maintaining optimum product levels and recording and reporting discrepancies.
- Continually monitor and record stock levels, assist in stocktakes, conduct temperature checks and monitor food handling and hygiene.
- Provide supervision, mentoring to staff and respectfully and actively engage, develop and maintain effective working relationships with staff, community customers and suppliers to maximise sales and increase income.
- Coordination of fresh fruit and vegetable stock including ordering, restocking and write offs.
- Ensure merchandising standards are implemented and maintained.
- Assist with purchasing activities, sourcing products following established procedures.
- Proficient use of cash register, associated software and accurate cash handling skills.
- Assist with including pricing, making product suggestions based on knowledge of current trends and new products available on the market.
- Develop and maintain positive stakeholder relationships with all BAC staff, and develop sound working relationships through delivering appropriate and honest support and/or feedback.
- Ensure communications are appropriate to BAC Employees, Directors, Communities, Stakeholders and partner organisations.22. Assist with the management of fuel.
- Assist with the collection and delivery of goods received from various freight companies.
- Any other duties as directed by your manager within your capabilities
To be successful in this role you must have
1. Demonstrated experience working in a retail, customers services/supermarket environment
2. Experience with Computers and software programs
3. Experience in dealing with customers in a retail environment
4. Experience with Cash flow and retail operations
5. Engaging and developing relationships with customers to understand need
6. Drivers licence
7. Forklift licence
To apply for this position please send your current resume along with a cover letter to email@example.com