This is an identified position under section 25 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991
This is an entry level admin position that will work across the arts and culture division areas to provide admin support and undertake Artworker tasks.
You will be required to undertake the following duties as part of your role
1. Update the documentation of artworks and art practices in the SAM database
2. Update artist biographies in the SAM database
3. Use the SAM database to process customer sales in the art centre and use the EFTPOS facilities
4. Update the Djomi Museum catalogue system
5. Participate in conservation training at the Djomi Museum and perform conservation activities under supervision
6. Use the database and system in the Cultural Research Office to scan materials and upload to the “Keeping Culture” database
7. Use equipment to photograph and film artwork and artwork practices
8. Work effectively in a team environment
9. Adhere to the Workplace Health and Safety regulatory requirements
10. Develop and maintain positive stakeholder relationships with all BAC staff, and develop sound working relationships through delivering appropriate and honest support and/or feedback.
11. Ensure communications are appropriate to BAC Employees, Directors, Communities, Stakeholders and partner organisations.
12. Any other duties requested by your supervisor which are within your capabilities.
- Maningrida resident and proficient in at least one language of the Maningrida area
- Knowledge of art practice, kinship system and homelands
- Skills and experience in the Microsoft Office environment
- Year 11 studies completed
- Drivers license or prepared to obtain drivers license.