Bawinanga Aboriginal Corporation (BAC) Housing has continued to support and maintain essential services for 32 Outstations and has recently facilitated a number of projects in Maningrida. BAC Housing provides major infrastructure support to BAC, the community and the Maningrida region. Although the Wet Season was long and intense, staff worked hard in particularly difficult conditions. Major training milestones were reached and projects continued to be accomplished.
Recent achievements included:
• Near completion of the new Art Centre. This project has been a large undertaking for BAC and its housing staff
• Construction, painting and installation of 5 pit toilets at Manmoyi and relocation of many others on Outstations
• A Bushlight Solar System installed at Buluhkaduru Outstation—completed in November 2011.
Ongoing servicing of all Outstation solar systems was maintained by the workers who completed the training course for low maintenance energy systems.
• Repairs and maintenance of Northern Territory and Federal Government Departmental premises and housing.
This solid revenue source provides varied work experiences that support an increased skills base for the BAC work force.
• Overhead water tanks have been installed at several Outstations
• Bores and solar systems have been fenced on many Outstations.
Contact the BAC Housing Crew
ph: 08 8979 5708