BAC CAL Accreditation
The CAL Accreditation scheme was established in 1995 as a joint industry/government initiative to
· Bring self regulation to the Northern Territory’s Building and Construction Industries
· Raise confidence in the abilities of the industry and
· Provide a Contractor Prequalification Scheme to the NT Government and any other potential client looking for reassurance about a contractor’s capabilities
The not-for-profit company administering the scheme (Contractor Accreditation Ltd) is sponsored by the Master Builders Association (NT) and the NT Chamber of Commerce.
Under the scheme, participating contractors are assessed annually on their;
· Financial capacity
· Technical competence (including current performance) and
· Compliance with a Code of Practice based closely on the National Code of Practice for the Building & Construction Industries
The financial assessments are conducted by a panel of accounting firms, including Deloitte and KPMG.
Accreditation is awarded by assessment panels whose members are drawn from industry.
The accreditation granted to a contractor represents industry recognition of the contractor’s areas of core competency and the upper value of each contract the contractor should be capable of successfully completing.
ph: 088979 5708